[PVE-User] How can I fix this split cluster status?

Tobias Matthaeus tm at carmunity.de
Sun May 13 04:09:48 CEST 2012

Hi,

I  have a Proxmox 2.1-1 Installation with two nodes in a cluster. The data of the VMs are on a DRBD master-master shared storage. Sometimes I have the situation, that one of the nodes is red and the other one is green.
If I restart cman or pve-cluster sometimes everything will be good again. But actually not. I have no idea.

pvecm status gives me the following informations:

Version: 6.2.0
Config Version: 25
Cluster Name: RZ
Cluster Id: 3214
Cluster Member: Yes
Cluster Generation: 248
Membership state: Cluster-Member
Nodes: 2
Expected votes: 2
Total votes: 2
Node votes: 1
Quorum: 2
Active subsystems: 3
Flags:
Ports Bound: 0
Node name: aragorn
Node ID: 1
Multicast addresses: 239.192.12.154
Node addresses: 10.2.7.136

And in ProxMox interface it look like this: http://cl.ly/1Z0s292028032t2o2s1g

Anybody any idea? After rebooting Node aragorn everything is fine again. But rebooting is no solution for that. I think there is a better way.

Thanks for the help!

Kind Regards

Tobi