[PVE-User] Windows 2003 crash with PVE 2.1

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Mon May 14 22:42:17 CEST 2012

Zitat von Alain Péan <alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr>:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> I migrated a few weeks ago my PVE cluster from 1.9 to 2.0 then 2.1.
> I have several windows 2003 R2 VMs, and they don't crash, even at
> least one shows some slowness at certain time.
>
> Your error message,  INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR, could be related to ACPI.
> What is the OS type of your VM (it should be w2k3), and is ACPI
> enabled for this VM, it is for me (you can see this in the option
> tab of the VM) ?

Different from your setup the machine in question is real hardware
(old Athlon) as of today and should get moved into PVE as said. With
PVE 1.9 as target all is fine, with PVE 2.1 only until first login
try. If have double checked the ACPI and the machine type setting and
compared step-by-step PVE 1.9 and PVE 2.1 and found no difference.
Obviously PVE 2.1 is the target of choice but i wonder what is
different. Is it a problem when moving from AMD based system to Intel
based one?

> Can you post your VM conf (xxx.conf) ?

Must first restart the test environment tomorrow, then i will post it here.

Regards

Andreas