[PVE-User] Windows 2003 crash with PVE 2.1

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Tue May 15 16:37:26 CEST 2012

Le 15/05/2012 10:25, lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de a écrit :

> Zitat von Alain Péan <alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr>:
>
>> Le 15/05/2012 10:03, lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de a écrit :
>>> Hm, now tested on a second PVE 2.1 box with AMD Processor and it
>>> works...
>>> Any idea what is going wrong or is this even supported?
>>
>> On 1.9, was it also an AMD processor ?
>
> Yes, but to my knowledge it should be possible to move W2K3 from AMD
> to Intel or vice-versa. I have also double checked that no AMD
> specific software is installed and in fact beside IIS nearly nothing
> is installed on this box.

Hi Andreas,

I just verified, I remembered there were problems to migrate between
Intel and AMD CPU, and this seems indeed the case. See for example :
http://serverfault.com/questions/226547/kvm-live-migration-between-intel-and-amd-processors

So, I fear you can only install your VM on an AMD based server, or you
have to migrate again your physical server to an Intel CPU based server...

Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Attention !! :  Nouveau numéro de Telephone : 01-44-27-92-39
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés