[PVE-User] Excessive Memory usage Windows 2008 and Proxmox 2.0

claudioml at mediaservice.net claudioml at mediaservice.net
Fri May 18 10:36:08 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I have a Windows 2008 with SQL server on it, virtualized on Proxmox VE
2.0. The strange thing is it uses all the free ram i assign on that
virtual machine. In example, now i have assigned 15 Gb of Ram, and the
system uses 14,78 Gb of Ram. If i assign 10 Gb of Ram, the system uses
it all, or almost all.

Anyone can explain me why? There is something to do about this, to limit
the use of free ram of that virtual machine?

Claudio Prono.