[PVE-User] New 2.6.32 Kernel for Proxmox VE 2.1 (pvetest)

Stefan Sänger stsaenger at googlemail.com
Fri May 25 12:31:21 CEST 2012

Am 18.05.2012 10:09, schrieb Martin Maurer:
> We just moved this kernel from pvetest to pve, the stable repository.

Well, just ran into a rather strange thing. I updated one of our proxmox
servers, and after booting up the VMs they had no network access.

For historical reasons the switch port eth1 is connected to is
configured rather special:
it uses VLAN Id 5 as untagged, but several other VLANs are tagged.

After upgrade I shut down all the VMs, rebooted proxmox server and
started VMs again. It looked good until I tried to access the only VM
that connects its vmbr with a tagged VLAN. That did not work, but using
tcpdump I saw arp requests to the IP of this VM. Strangely, no answers.

So, to be up and running again I shut down all the VMs again and
rebooted to use old kernel 2.6.32-11-pve again.

Any hint on what has changed regarding VLAN setup? I have to admit that
I never really dug deeper into this subject, since it worked right out
of the box when I initially configured it...

Best regards,

Stefan