[PVE-User] How to duplicate a container?

Alexandre Kouznetsov alk at ondore.com
Thu Nov 15 22:38:12 CET 2012

Hi.

El 15/11/12 14:09, Bruce B escribió:
> Thanks for the feedback. Can you pleaes specify the commands. And also
> should I change the IP in GUI or some config file?
My pleasure.

Well, the interaction with Proxmox is expected to be done via web GUI.

Do the backup in "Backup" tab of your 105 container.
Do the restore in "Content" tab of your storage, it will offer you a
dialog to specify the new VM ID.
Change the IP in the "Network" tab of your new 106 (or whatever you
numbered it) container.

Surely you can do the same via command line interface, but i'm not
familiar with it. Check http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Command_line_tools
for reference.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov