[PVE-User] How to duplicate a container?

sanjay kumar sanjaykvr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 06:08:40 CET 2012

Dear Bruce,

You can copy created dump file to your desired server where you want to run
it (i.e. another proxmox server) in any where like (i.e. /root/ or in your
home folder of proxmox server) then just follows the steps as written below:

   - Login to your server as a root (or be sudoers)
   - Go to directory where you copied the dump file (containerdump.tar.gz)
   - run the command as #vzrestore 106 containerdump.tar.gz(give your
   container dump file name)
   - Change the IP as per your configuration or keep it as it is if you
   have stopped older container (where from you have made vzdump
   - Now you may start the container as #vzstart 106

That's all
Thanks with Regards,
Sanjay Kumar
India