[PVE-User] Windows server 2012 - no hdd

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Nov 21 10:29:45 CET 2012

do you have tried build 39 ?

http://people.redhat.com/vrozenfe/build-39/

----- Mail original -----

De: "Alexandre Kouznetsov" <alk at ondore.com>
À: pve-user at pve.proxmox.com
Envoyé: Mardi 20 Novembre 2012 17:05:21
Objet: Re: [PVE-User] Windows server 2012 - no hdd

Hello.

My previous mail must have created the impression that I have a success
case with windows 2012. My mistake.

I used Windows 2008 R2 x64 with the driver suggested at Proxmox's Wiki:
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Paravirtualized_Block_Drivers_for_Windows
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/WindowsGuestDrivers/Download_Drivers
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/bin/virtio-win-0.1-30.iso

There are success reports around, with windows2012 and even earlier
version of the driver, like 0.1.22. Don't know, maybe that was some 2012
beta version, which did not checked the signature of the driver.

What you could also do, is to make sure Windows installer searches for
the driver on the whole disk from it's root. In case there is something
weired with the directories naming.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov