[PVE-User] Scheduled Backups - Not Occurring on all nodes in cluster

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Mon Nov 26 19:01:26 CET 2012

----- Original Message -----
> > I have a Proxmox 2.2 cluster running on 4 physical nodes. Regular
> > scheduled
> > backups are completing properly on the first node in the cluster
> > (vhost1), but
> > are not being run on the additional nodes (vhost2-vhost4). I have
> > to assume
> > this is a simple misconfiguration on my part, although I'm not
> > seeing where.
>
> Any hints in /var/log/syslog?

Nothing there. It's as though the cron job just wasn't running, except the cron logs indicated it was, and the cron entry was correct. I manually ran the command in the cron file, it completely properly, no problems. Now, last evening the backups completed successfully as expected. Weird. Maybe there was a stale lockfile or something that was cleared by my manual running of the backup job?

--Tim