[PVE-User] Scheduled Backups - Not Occurring on all nodes in, cluster

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Mon Nov 26 19:03:06 CET 2012

----- Original Message -----

> Hello to all

> yes, I got the same result.
> Since it was a time ago I didn't report it and I did "workaraund" for
> that so this stoped to be serious issue .
> So the experience was: the backup that was defined on the host
> different than one that will do the backup, will NOT run. - the nfs
> backup share was visible, reachable, available to all hosts too ...
> like Tim's
> The workaround was to define backup on all hosts separately so that
> every hosts schedules backup of VMs that are running on himself at
> this moment ...
> Correctlly but that was not the result (and the procedure) we want to

> but in spite of all very very good product !!!

Interesting. Since my systems are in a cluster, there is no option of configuring each host separately for backups as it is setup under the cluster settings, not each host settings.

I did resolve the issue by manually running the backups on the non-working hosts. Then, next scheduled interval, they completed as expected. Odd.

--Tim