[PVE-User] LVM Mount

Flavio Stanchina flavio.stanchina at ies.it
Thu Oct 4 18:55:34 CEST 2012

Daniel wrote:
> is there any way to mount a LVM which is used for a KVM maschine?
> This Maschine is, for sure, nut running.
>
> Is i mount the LVM:
>
> mount /dev/PMX3_VM_DATA_on_SDB1/vm-105-disk-1 /mnt/
>
> I get an error that it doenst work :-(

Of course it doesn't. That's a virtual *disk* and it's quite likely that
the guest operating system created partitions in it. You can't mount the
disk directly.

You need to map the partitions with partprobe or partx, then you can
mount them. Just be really careful and when you're done, remember to
remove the additional dm-X devices created for the partitions with
something like
  dmsetup remove vm-105-disk-1p1

--
Flavio Stanchina