[PVE-User] p2v win2000 vm does not boot after splash screen

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 15:25:15 CEST 2012

Hello all!

I did a p2v using a Acronis True Image (.tib) of a Win2000 Server physical
server by creating a VM on ProxMox 2.1
and using the normal restore procedure with Acronis Boot CD.
The restore went fine and the vm starts until the Starting Windows 2000
screen but does not proceed further from that.
Note that vm does not hung neither gives a BSOD it just stays there forever.
The only way I managed to get it boot correctly is by disabling "enable
kvm" option on options screen of vm.
Is there a way to make this vm start with kvm acceleration? I do not have
problem with other p2v VMs.

Thank you in advance

Please note that this is a two node setup with drbd primary/primary
configuration and LVM on top.