[PVE-User] NAT issues

Alexandre Kouznetsov alk at ondore.com
Thu Oct 18 18:05:21 CEST 2012

Hello.

El 17/10/12 22:01, Samir Faci (Dev) escribió:
> I created a standard 'base' install image and then I took a backup of
> that image, and restored the base image
> to 4 new IDs.
What are your virtual instances, VM or CT?

>  Giving me 4 new virtually identical machines.  I
> removed the NAT and made sure that their nic are
> not unique.
Log in the console of the virtual instances, ask them about their MAC.
If you have changed them in Proxmox configuration, they should be
unique, but you are troubleshooting, so better make sure.

Make sure the their hostnames are unique also. The hostname is usually
sent to DHCP server from the DHCP client as a "client-id". It is
possible to configure the DHCP server to assign an IP address basing on
the client-id instead of MAC address, maybe it's your case.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov