[PVE-User] General networking question

Alexandre Kouznetsov alk at ondore.com
Fri Oct 19 18:00:57 CEST 2012

Hello.

El 19/10/12 07:31, VIDAL, Thomas (Bioversity-France) escribió:
> One thing is that you (and wiki) wrote VLANs. But do we need using VLAN
> is the case of bonding ? On my switch I can agregate several ports
> without VLAN ID etc... am I wrong ?

In case of bonding, VLAN setup is very much similar is if it where a
physical card, it just involve an additional step.

First create your Bond device, using your physical Ethernet devices as
"Slaves". Then create your bridge, using bond0 (or whatever you called
it) as "Bridge port". After that, use your bridge normally.

It's usually a good idea not to bond _all_ your Ethernet interfaces. In
case of something going wrong with the bonding setup, it's very handy to
use a plain Ethernet device for connection to the control panel or shell.

Greetings.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov