[PVE-User] Problem logging in to PVE 2.1 with Iceweasel 10.0.6

Flavio Stanchina flavio.stanchina at ies.it
Wed Oct 24 11:35:47 CEST 2012

Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>>> Maybe it is simply too old - what version do you use?
>>
>> Iceweasel 10 on Linux (always up to date from wheezy) but often it fails with
>> Firefox on Windows too (16.0.1 as of today, but it's been doing that for
>> months).
>
> It even works with 3.5.16 on squeeze,

Indeed, I tested with Iceweasel 3.5 on a plain squeeze and it does login
on one of the PVE 2.x servers but not on the other three, including a
fresh install of 2.1 that I set up just for testing this.

> and it work perfectly with firefox on window 16.0.1.
> What windows version do you use exactly?

Windows 7 x64. The symptoms are as above, it can log in on one server
but not on the others.

Iceweasel 10.x at least is consistent, it can't login to any of them...

I verified that localStorage works with this page, if this is indeed the
type of localStorage that ExtJS is trying to use:
http://html5demos.com/storage

--
Flavio Stanchina
Informatica e Servizi

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  -- Brian W. Kernighan