[PVE-User] update from 1.9 >2.0

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpn.cnrs.fr
Tue Oct 30 21:38:27 CET 2012

On 30/10/2012 18:01, Patryk Benderz wrote:
> 	I am still on 1.9 too - can't take a risk of migrating on production
> nodes, and_AFAIR_  Dietmar mentioned here, that it is better to install
> 2.0 from scratch.
> 	I suppose I will have to set up new environment for testing, but that
> takes time, so I will do it 2013-Q1. Let us know if you succeed!

I did the migration with the script last April, it was not so easy. I
cannot recommend you enough to build a test cluster with 1.9 first, to
test the migration script. It will show you where you may encounter some
and how to solve them.
See this for some caveats on building a test 1.9 cluster after Lenny
retirement (18 months ago...).
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Installing_Proxmox_VE_v1.9_post_Lenny_retirement

It will avoid you a mot of stress if you do the migration on test
cluster without testing first !

Alain