[PVE-User] System hangs / CPU 100% Windows 2008 Server

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Sep 6 07:49:27 CEST 2012

>> What is "args: -no-hpet" good for?
IT's about internal timer, you can have timedrift without it. But proxmox add it if you choose win8K,win7,... as ostype.

For virtio, do you use last drivers here ? :
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/bin/virtio-win-0.1-30.iso

About your hardware:

Do you use hyperthreading ? (It's always better to desactivate it).
How many real cores do you have ? (without hyperthreading)
Do you have some kind of dynamic processor frequency ? (you need to set bios to max performance)
Desactivate features like speepstep, c1e