[PVE-User] Change proxmox GUI listening interface / IP?

Tobias Matthaeus tm at tecmedia.eu
Mon Sep 10 07:16:35 CEST 2012

Hi Rob,

thanks for your email. But that is not that, what I mean…
I think I gave you too less informations. The Nodes has two network cards. The one has 217.0.0.0 as IP and the other one has 10.0.0.0 as IP Adress.
The Proxmox GUI is listening on 217.0.0.0 but not on 10.0.0.0.

But I think it would be better, when the Proxmox GUI is only available via the private network and not for the world wide web. Sure, I can restrict it via IPTables. But I think the better way is it, that I change the listening interface / IP from external network card to the internal network card.

Thanks and Regards

Tobi