[PVE-User] Adding a second interface to ProxMox 2.1

Bill Harris savoy9020 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 19:36:45 CEST 2012

Hello,

I've got  a 2-node cluster working fine.  But I need to add another
interface to put containers up on another subnet..

Tried to follow the wiki on adding a second interface (eth1) as vmbr1,
but didn't quite work as expected..

The second interface need not be visible on the host node, just the vm's (preferable)
and the vm's on the first bridge are working fine.

Current configuration with eth0:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
	address 172.25.96.12
	netmask 255.255.255.224
	gateway 172.25.96.1
	bridge_ports eth0
	bridge_stp off
	bridge_fd 0

I want to add a second virtual interface, on the other physical interface (eth1)
such as:

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
	bridge_ports eth1