[PVE-User] Proxmox HA - without Fencing

Thiago Oliveira cpv.thiago at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 22:31:55 CEST 2013

Hello Guys,

I´m trying the proxmox and I´m really enjoying!

My scenario is:

- HP MicroServer NL40 with FreeNas (My ISCSI Storage)
- HP XW 6400 (VIRTUAL01)
- DELL GX620 (VIrtual02)

I did config the pve cluster and I can see and I can move the VM´s in both
servers, very very fast!!

Now, I would like to do the HA failover (if my first server is going down,
the second server assumes the functions) and I´m a little bit confused.

I read a lot of articles and came across with Fencing.

Question: I need config the fencing to do HA? My servers no has iDrac, iLO
or similar device, and I would like to do it using the network board.
Is this possible?

Thank you very much!

BR,

Thiago Oliveira