[PVE-User] Slow windows guest, older iso

Tanács Dávid Szilveszter tanacsdavid at sosperec.hu
Tue Aug 6 21:07:23 CEST 2013

Hello!

I have 2 proxmox clusters, one 2 node+storage, no HA, and a new with
the 'Two node cluster' setup, with HA and fencing. The older one runs
2.2-31, the newer 2.3-13. The older one runs Windows server 2003R2
flawlessly, but on the 2.3 it's terribly slow. I tried to install the
virtio driver
(http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Paravirtualized_Block_Drivers_for_Windows),
but it gives code 39, and does not act as a driver. In device manager
there's the yellow !, and cannot make it disappear. I tried all the
available versions for all the available windows, but it stays the same.
I tried it on the older cluster, and the clean install is good, but the
problem is there's no way to move the installed system from one to
other. I wanted to download older install image, but I cannot find, only
the 2.3. Where can i obtain the older images? The disk used to install
the older cluster is not available.

Thank Your help in advance!

David Tanacs