[PVE-User] How to allow OpenVZ to use timing source from mothernode?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 17:06:28 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I have a CentOS OpenVZ containers that has Asterisk installed on it.

I have installed a Sangoma UT50 VoiceTimer timing device on mothernode and
Dahdi from Digium. It is running fine and timing accuracy is 99.9%+. Now,
how do I allow the OpenVZ container to use the same timing device?

Do I need to install Dahdi and OpenVZ drivers on container too?
Or is there just an allowing process or symlink process or make the drivers
available to OpenVZ?

Thanks,