[PVE-User] SAN recommendation.

Marco Gabriel - inett GmbH mgabriel at inett.de
Thu Aug 22 16:36:30 CEST 2013

Nexenta CE may only be used for testing, not allowed for production.

If you go for a cheap but reliable SAN, look after Promise VessRAID machines.

If you don’t want to spend any money, have a look at freenas which is pretty nice, full featured and uses ZFS in the back.

Ceph is probably nice, but overkill for SMB. I am talking about the case, that something fails and you have to fix a complex system instead of using another (fallback) NFS or iSCSI device.

Marco