[PVE-User] SAN recommendation.

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 10:02:58 CEST 2013

it seems like omniOS and napp-it are going to be great combination here.
i had past experience with FreeNAS and i was not happy with the
performance. the Network throughput was very low. so i shifted to openfiler
and that was working better than freeNAS.
i am not trying to compare any product rather sharing my experience,
probably my mistake in configuring the box , both of the products are good
result of great efforts for the open source community. so no offense.

my question is, i am new to omniOS and napp-it. so before getting into it i
would like to ask, how often do i need to work on command line?. as OmniOS
is quite different from linux (probably unix driven) and commands are
entirely different.

is napp-it is a complete front end ?

people often use NFS and stated somewhere NFS is faster than iSCSI but lack
some features like snaptshot while VM is running.
so just asking for my knowledge as i haven't use NFS before, how people
take snapshot or any alternative for this feature in NFS?

Thanks,
MYK