[PVE-User] Performance comparison

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Sat Aug 24 13:54:06 CEST 2013

[Martin Maurer]
For OpenVZ containers, see http://openvz.org/Performance
For KVM, see for example http://www.openvirtualizationalliance.org/

In short, the OS virtualization technology in Proxmox VE is fast. Depending on the benchmark setup, you can show that KVM is faster than commercial solutions and you can show also the opposite, same for OpenVZ.

I suggest everybody really interested should test the solutions for their workload and need and then you will see if it fits to your needs. Then go for the best suited product.

Martin