[PVE-User] Backup of all VM but one on any node

Laurent CARON lcaron at unix-scripts.info
Tue Jan 8 11:41:46 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm currently having a 4 node proxmox cluster.

My backups are basically like this:
:/etc/cron.d/vzdump:
15 20 * * 1,3,5       root vzdump --quiet 1 --mode suspend --mailto
admin-proxmox at domain.lan --all 1 --node proxmox-vty-001 --compress 1
--maxfiles 2 --storage backups_delphi --exclude 711,706

I basically backup all the VMs located on this node but for VM 706 and 711

If I now migrate VM 706 and/or 711 to another node, those VMs will be
backed up.

An option would be to exclude the disks of those VMs from backup.

Is there any global VM exclude that can be used to achieve the following
- backup all VMs except vm 706 and vm 711 considering vm706 and vm711
can be located on any node of the cluster

Thanks

Laurent