[PVE-User] Bug in pveum useradd

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Thu Jan 17 14:17:44 CET 2013

Can someone provide an example of using pveum useradd that successfully
sets an initial password?  All of the examples that I've found on the
wiki do not have command-line specification of the password in their
example.

What I'm currently using is along the lines of:

  pveum useradd foo at pve -password thisdoesnotwork
  pveum useradd foo at pve -password "thisdoesnotworkeither"

The man pages seem to indicate this is the appropriate syntax, but the
command dies with "400 wrong number of arguments"

I have no problems when specifying any of the other fields on the pveum
command line, such as firstname, groupname, lastname, etc... The syntax
for the password seems to be different and I seem to be missing the
correct incantation.

-PG