[PVE-User] Problem installing VM

Michael Eager eager at eagercon.com
Sat Jan 19 20:19:38 CET 2013

Hi --

I'm new to Promox but I'm having a number of problems installing
a VM.  I'm trying to install Fedora 18 on the VM.  (I've also
tried with other distros.)

I installed Promox 2.2-31.  I ran "apt-get update" to update the
system packages.

Q:  Was updating the system needed or desirable?

I've logged in to the https on the server with Firefox 12 and Chrome 23.
Both have problems running the management application.  I've tried on
hosts running Fedora 15 and Centos 5.5.

I've clicked on "Create VM", filled out parameters, and pointed the
CD to either a live CD or a full system DVD.  I can start the VM
and it looks like it is using CPU.  When I try to start a console
I run into a variety of problems.  These don't seem to occur all
the time, but generally make Promox difficult or impossible to use.

   - VM window does not display console.
   - Clicking on "console" causes VM window and Promox window to hang
     and I have to restart the browser.
   - Clicking on "reset" sometimes brings up a console window, but
     showing only about a quarter of the display.  Sometimes this is
     in a correctly sized window (3/4 gray) sometimes the window is
     sized to show the visible display.
   - Sometimes, after hitting restart, I see a full screen display.

Any suggestions?

Michael Eager	 eager at eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077

Michael Eager	 eager at eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077