[PVE-User] Updates for Proxmox VE pvetest repo - including new KVM live backup

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Tue Jan 29 15:10:29 CET 2013

Hi all,

We just moved a bunch of packages to our pvetest repository (on the road to Proxmox VE 2.3), including some quite cool new functions like KVM live backups (no more LVM needed for KVM backups) and Auto-Ballooning, Disk Resize on the GUI, ...

Two new Wiki pages
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Backup_and_Restore
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Dynamic_Memory_Management

Release Notes

- pve-manager 2.3-6

 *support new qemu vma backup files
 *extend memory GUI to support ballooning
 *implement auto-ballooning
 *add HD resize feature to expand disks.
 *Display 'Resume' button when VM is suspended

- qemu-server 2.3-8

 *support new qemu vma backup files
 *do not delete unused files on restore.
 *fix Bug #293: CDROM size not reset when set to use no media
 *use memory info from balloon driver (if enabled)
 *QMPClient: support fdsets

- pve-qemu-kvm 1.3-17

 *update vma backup patches
 *fix DSA-2608-1

- pve-kernel-2.6.32 2.6.32-88

 *include latest Broadcom bnx2/bnx2x drivers
 *include latest Adaptec aacraid driver
 *update e1000e to 2.2.14
 *update igb to 4.1.2
 *update ixgbe to 3.12.6
 *enable CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED (also update corosync of you install this kernel)

- corosync-pve 1.4.4-4

 *run at high priority using setpriority (-20)
 *disable SCHED_RR (RT_GROUP_SCHED was disabled in our kernel anyways). In newer kernels this is enabled, but causes corosync to crash.

- libiscsi 1.8.0-1

 *update to 1.8.0

We also uploaded new ceph packages for testing.

Everybody is encouraged to test and give feedback!

Best Regards,

Martin Maurer

martin at proxmox.com
http://www.proxmox.com