[PVE-User] bug in pve kernel

Fábio Rabelo fabio at fabiorabelo.wiki.br
Thu Jul 18 21:08:30 CEST 2013

Just installed PVE3 on a gigabyte board with realtek 8168b network chip .

Stock Wheezy kernel works fine with this network chip, it allowed all
instalation process .

When I install PVE kernel, network chip stops to work .

traffic led blinks, but the system do now recognize any package send to it .

Just for test, I changed the net config to use dhcp, and checking the dhcp
server log, it receives dhcp-querry from this box, and send ack  back, but
the box do not receive it ...

Maybe it is time to change the kernel from extremely old REDHAT 2.6 to
Wheezy 3.2, at least to the one that do not use OpenVZ, like myself ?!?

Fábio Rabelo