[PVE-User] bug in pve kernel

Fábio Rabelo fabio at fabiorabelo.wiki.br
Fri Jul 19 23:50:38 CEST 2013

Thanks for the tip, i will try in the next opportunity .

For this system, I do not have time to wait, so I install Debian Squeeze,
then the debian backports kernel ( 3.2.0-4-amd64 ) and then PVE 2.3 over it
.

I have this "solution" running in another system, extremely stable ( over 4
months up and running ... )

PVE 3.0 do not allow this "solution" , pve-server conflicts with qemu-kvm (
witch I do not know why, qemu-kvm installs in different place, so are the
kvm kernel module !!! ) .

But my real question remains, why keep using 2.6 redhat old and dirty
kernel ?!?!?

Stock 3.2.0 Debian kernel works just fine with this ( and other so called
"problematic" ) cards, without any additional download nor compilation ...

Fábio Rabelo