[PVE-User] bridge creation script placing a comma in the wrong place?

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Mon Jul 22 13:15:03 CEST 2013

Using the latest release's GUI to create a bridge, I needed to
troubleshoot an issue where the bridge wasn't passing traffic.

It appears to be a bug in the GUI's bridge creation script,
comma-separating the interfaces being added to the bridge.

The GUI bridge creation scripts added this:
 root at vm4:~# tail -5 /etc/network/interfaces
 iface vmbr3 inet manual
        bridge_ports eth2, eth3  # <- Note the comma
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

which produced:
 root at vm4:~# brctl show vmbr3
 vmbr3           8000.001e68047cb5       no              eth3
[eth2 was missing]

I believe this is due to the comma, as the regular expression parsing
for /etc/network/interfaces field for the bridge_ports should be
separated by spaces (according to the man page).

With the comma, the bridge is trying to add "eth2," to the bridge rather
than "eth2".

Without the comma, the bridge comes up with the additional interface and
passes traffic as expected.

Bug?

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
314 East Gym, Dept. of Computer Science           /\\