[PVE-User] Can not build cluster in 3.0

Marco Gabriel - inett GmbH mgabriel at inett.de
Wed Jun 26 08:57:04 CEST 2013

> Hello. I have been following the instructions in http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_2.0_Cluster to create a cluster on the same subnet with private IPs. I have made sure the hosts files are correct, and time is synced. However when I log into the second node and run pvecm add IP-ADDRESS-CLUSTER the following happens:
> will just sit there for ages and do nothing. I have reformatted and reinstalled the node again and the same thing happens. Am I missing something? Any idea as to where to look would be greatly appreciated.

You should check that

- Multicast works (Switch configuration)
- there is no firewall between the pve hosts that blocks corosync traffic

If Multicast does not work, you can try to reconfigure corosync to use UDP unicast. You can find an example on your PVE node at /usr/share/doc/corosync-pve/examples/corosync.conf.example.udpu

Best regards,
Marco