[PVE-User] Does KVM(in proxmox) supports 'UltraSPARC T2 Plus' hardware virtualization extensions?

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Mon May 6 17:41:50 CEST 2013

On Mon, 6 May 2013 17:35:54 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 06 May 2013 17:17:44 +0200
> Patryk Benderz <Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl> wrote:
>
> > 	So essentially my question should be: Which virtualization technology
> > (KVM/Qemu/OpenVZ/other?) available in PVE gives me chance to utilize
> > SPARC's hardware virtualization extensions?
> >
> Since Redhat does not support UltraSparc you will have to stick to the
> Debian kernel. Given that Debian Wheezy was released yesterday this
> release is the new stable. Debian Wheezy does not support OpenVZ so you
> will only be able to utilize KVM.

Remember, PVE is only supported on Debian Squeeze but this also means
support for OpenVZ - but only until PVE is transitioned to Wheezy.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
Nature abhors a virgin -- a frozen asset.
		-- Clare Booth Luce