[PVE-User] Does KVM(in proxmox) supports 'UltraSPARC T2 Plus' hardware virtualization extensions?

Patryk Benderz Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl
Mon May 6 17:46:19 CEST 2013

[cut]
> Red Hat sources are publicly available and I suppose Proxmox just grab
> the sources of the kernel (and a few other packages) and recompile
> them.
	Probably yes, byt proxmox guys grab them from Debian, not from RedHat.
To back my words with a proof I have sshed to one of my proxmox
server(bare-metal installed with PVE iso CD) and after login I saw:

        Linux proxmox219 2.6.32-4-pve #1 SMP Mon May 9 12:59:57 CEST
        2011 x86_64

        The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free
        software;
        the exact distribution terms for each program are described in
        the
        individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

        Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the
        extent
        permitted by applicable law.
        You have new mail.
        Last login: Tue Oct 30 17:55:44 2012 from 10.251.224.190

        proxmox219:~# cat /etc/issue
        Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 \n \l

[cut]
> At this point I'd go for libvirt/kvm on Wheezy (just released
> yesterday).
	That is valuable info. Anybody knows if libvirt is available as an
option in PVE 2.3, while guest installation? (as you saw above my
version is ancient PVE 1.9)

--
Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz
Linux Registered User #377521