[PVE-User] Does KVM(in proxmox) supports 'UltraSPARC T2 Plus' hardware virtualization extensions?

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Mon May 6 19:28:54 CEST 2013

On Mon, 06 May 2013 17:52:03 +0200
Patryk Benderz <Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl> wrote:

> Right, so  OpenVZ is dying? At least in PVE? In that case, it is future
> wise to avoid OpenVZ.

No OpenVZ is not dying. Only in debian kernel, but since PVE uses
Redhat kernel which does support OpenVZ due to patches from
openvz.org then OpenVZ will be supported as long as openvz.org
provides patches for the RHEL kernel. For all I know this means support
for OpenVZ until November 30, 2020 (Redhat has a 10 years support cycle
and RHEL 6.0 was released November 30, 2010).

What comes after November 30, 2020 is left for the readers
imagination:-)

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
Once I finally figured out all of life's answers, they changed the
questions.