[PVE-User] Serious error with e1000e driver with Intel Corporation 82574L NIC

Pongrácz István pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 08:03:31 CEST 2013

----------------eredeti üzenet-----------------
Feladó: "Michael Rasmussen" mir at miras.org
Címzett: pve-user at pve.proxmox.com
Dátum: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 23:17:13 +0200

>> Anyway, I will contact the factory too about this issue and ask their help.
>>
> If I understand the blog correctly this is an issue for un-board Intel
> nics and not an issue with Intel produced add-on nics?
>
> I hope I am right cause all my servers and desktops are equipped with
> Intel manufactured e1000e add-on nics.

As I checked on the internet, this kind of problem happens onboard NICs, too, even with Intel products.

Otherwise I have original Intel server board, Intel hardware raid card with hot swap support. Except it just killed my raid10 changing only 1 hdd online. It was not able to recover even the raid10 with 3 good hdds. So, we can trust in a brand, but the reality is different.

Bye,
István