[PVE-User] Backup size

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 15:26:10 CEST 2014

Hi Thomas

Perhaps your system has growned up since you installed the VM...
Some kind of updates, may be...
I have notice that Proxmox backed up just what are used for the OS and not
the hole disc.
Indeed I have a VM running Windows 2012 and even the disc size is 160 GB, I
always get a backup with 47 GB... The first backup was just 4.5 GB, but,
this happened because I have only the OS installed... None updates, none
others tools installed...

I hope this help you

Cheers

t.vidal at cgiar.org>:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm using Proxmox version 3.2-1, and since several weeks or months (but
> not before) backup of VMs take a long time and this is because the size of
> each VMs backup are biggest as before.
>
> Before :
> On a VM hosting debian server, with a VM disk size of 32G, and a system
> and datas size around 4G, the backup was fast and the size of the backup
> file was around 3G
> Since several weeks :
> The same VM with the same size of disk and datas take long time to backup
> and the size of the backup file is around 17G !
>
> Could you point me on the right direction to solve this problem ?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Thomas

Gilberto Ferreira