[PVE-User] inexpensive smart switches

Leslie-Alexandre DENIS infoslad at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 20:45:39 CEST 2014

Le 12/04/2014 20:09, Ric Moore a écrit :
> I'm seeing "smart switches" for less than $100 (US) on Amazon. Any
> suggestions or experiences? We're a non-profit and funds are very
> limited. But, I don't want to spend money on something that won't work
> at all.
> I'm looking at either the D-Link-EasySmart-Managed-Gigabit-DGS-1100-08
> or the Netgear GS108T-NAS Prosafe 8-port Gigabit Smart Switch
>
> Thanks for any thoughts on this. :) Ric

Do you need a desktop or a rackmount type of switch ? Anyway for a low
budget and good overall qsuality I suggest you to take some HP gear.
D-Link or Netgear are really end-user material, and in a way really
buggy and not as affordable as that compared to HP or Dell.

For example a smart managed HP 1810-24G 24 RJ45 Gigabit ports costs
around 100-150€ on eBay.

Kind regards,