[PVE-User] USP Shutdown - Windows Hibernate?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 01:55:56 CEST 2014

Setting up our UPS (Cyberpower PR1500ELCDRTXL2U), it uses the USB HID
Power class, so no problems getting nut setup etc.

Running into the usual problems with getting windows servers to
respond to ACPI cleanly ... and I wondered. I can set the Windows VM
to responds to ACPI power off by Hibernating rather than shutting
down. It seems to cleanly hibernate quite rapidly without any
questions, and restores smoothly as well. Bonus - all your state is
preserved.

However my production servers (4 of them) are running off a NAS (1GB
ethernet), would 4 servers with 2-8GB RAM each give me I/O problems
when all trying to hibernate at once?

--
Lindsay