[PVE-User] Ho to configure Proxmox to run Real-time applications like freeswitch

David Black proxmox at 1000.relay.net
Sun Aug 10 15:40:28 CEST 2014

Check out the CPU Units item in the Options tab for the VM.

1000 is the nominal default. You can raise it to give priority to VM(s) or lower it. Check out the qm(1) man page for more info. I raise it somewhat for my virtualized (pfSense) router/firewall and VoIP server, and lower it for a number-crunching VM so it can use all the cores without contending much with other VMs on the host.

Are you encountering problems with stuttering audio from your VoIP server or other artifacts indicating CPU starvation? It has been a few years since I have experienced that, with faster CPUs and VM hardware assist.

Dave