[PVE-User] P2V with SelfImage

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 15:19:00 CEST 2014

You can use ide as your main disk when you first boot the win2008R2 vm and
then add a secondary virtio small disk (1gb).Windows then will detect
the new hardware and will prompt you to install the virtio driver which you
will
have mounted as cdrom.Install virtio drivers, shutdown vm and change it to
virtio disk.Finally remove the second small virtio disk.
This way it should work.

Yannis Milios
Systems Administrator
Mob. +30 6932-657-029