[PVE-User] Win7 spice client does not release cursor/mouse

Frank, Petric (Petric) Petric.Frank at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Feb 4 15:14:31 CET 2014

Hello,

installed the spice client (win7 x64) on the client.

Then I mapped the application/x-virt-viewer to the remote client executable.

The client window opens correctly with the VM contents (booting von CD). But I can lot release the mouse. The Help line (on top) tells
  (Press  to release)

As you see no key is given. So i cannot leave the window.

Installed:
  Proxmox 3.1 (dist-upgrade from today)
  Spice-Proxy: virt-viewer-x64-0.6.0.msi  (as linked from proxmox wiki page)

It seems that spiceproxy does not define the release-cursor key and the default <Ctrl>-<Alt> is not working under Windows.

Any hints ?

Kind regards
  Petric