[PVE-User] Weird stuff happening with VM - backup failure etc

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 07:45:24 CET 2014

On 12 February 2014 16:03, Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:
>> Several times it has just stopped responding, Java Console abd Spice just won't
>> connect, no failure, they just never display anytthing.
>> Only thing that works is a "Stop"
>
> Seems your VM crashes for some reason.

Java Console and spice would still be able to connect if the vm was
crashed wouldn't they?

>Any hint inside the VM? Or in /var/log/syslog?

Huge number of:

Feb 11 17:54:13 vng pvedaemon[279127]: WARNING: unable to connect to
VM 500 socket - timeout after 31 retries
Feb 11 17:54:21 vng pvestatd[2985]: WARNING: unable to connect to VM
500 socket - timeout after 31 retries

Looks like a switch may been have disconnected for a few seconds round
5:30pm which I imagine would given issues to our NFS share :( but I
would have though more than one vm would be giving issues in that
case.

I'll keep monitoring it for now,

thanks

--