[PVE-User] My suggestion about explicit name in bridge configuration

Diaolin diaolin at diaolin.com
Fri Feb 14 13:42:11 CET 2014

Il 2014-02-14 12:45 Dietmar Maurer ha scritto:
>> > No. I guess I already mentioned that I want to be able to add
>> > arbitrary  'comments'.
>>
>> Ok, but arbitrary comments for me are not a good solution
>
> I still do not understand why comments are so bad?

It's not a war against comments
I need only a field that i can intercept

> Do you want to use those settings with scripts?

Yes... but the good thing is even to impose
(\s) withouth spaces to the network_name...

I think that a comment can be:

"This network should be used only for KVM machines!"

and a network_name (for me)

should be

dmz
local
whateveryouwant

withouth spaces and other chars

If you want i could put a
#

before
network_name
and intercept the field as

#network_name dmz

for example

If you cannot apply this patch i'll rewrite it to "comments"

Tx, Diaolin

---
S’à destacà l’ultima föia dal bósch nét
crodàda l’ei, solàgna, ‘n mèzz ai sàssi