[PVE-User] My suggestion about explicit name in bridge configuration

Diaolin diaolin at diaolin.com
Mon Feb 17 08:09:41 CET 2014

Il 2014-02-17 07:09 Dietmar Maurer ha scritto:
>> > Do you want to use those settings with scripts?
>>
>> Yes... but the good thing is even to impose
>> (\s) withouth spaces to the network_name...
>
> But you can add network_name tag for scripting purposes anyways (no
> need to modify the API).
> Why do you want that on the GUI if you use it for scripting and on the
> CLI?

Nononono, EVEN for scripting... not ONLY

in the gui i need it because i've many servers with more than 12 network
devices
and i will give to it (as in the patch) mnemonic names.

>> If you cannot apply this patch i'll rewrite it to "comments"
>
> Please do if that works for you. (I will try to keep your requirement
> regarding network device names
> in my mind - maybe we can change that sometimes in future).

THe solution for the network device names would be very simpler
(i've done it but you said that you cannot change nothing)

We let vmbr0 or vmbr1 or whatever you want as is but i've added
the possiblity to append the mnemonic name (5 chars)

like

vmbr0lan
vmbr1net

and so on

only 4 or 5 regexp

:-)

When possible i think that this is better than network_name

No need to change scripting, no need to change GUI:

all is autoreferencing

Ciao, Diaolin

---
S’à destacà l’ultima föia dal bósch nét