[PVE-User] My suggestion about explicit name in bridge configuration

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Mon Feb 17 20:11:25 CET 2014

> Now it's clear...
>
> I should tale a look deeper in the code
> Or perhaps use a minus sign? Instead of v?

Another limitation is the max. length of the interface name (limit hardcoded inside the kernel).
So I am really against using interface names that way.

Besides, in future, we want to set additional attributes for specific network. For example the
list of available IP addresses, ...

I can imagine that there will be space to add further attributes ...

But for now, you can use 'comments' (yes, I know it is not optimal)