[PVE-User] Off-site backup for VMs and Containers

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 00:36:09 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a quick and reliable off-site backup service provider and
solution that can backup my Proxmox data based on below conditions:

- Be mindful of bandwidth usage and backup only the changed files / data
and not all data every-time
- Backup VMs and Containers on daily basis at midnight
- Possible to download the backup and quickly for re-deployment
- Backup like snapshots without stopping VMs or Containers for quick
restore at later point

I have about 80containers of Redhat Linux and 5 Windows 2008 R2 Servers.
There is probably about 100GB of user data but OS spaces (for quick
snapshots) probably bring this up to 300GB of data.

Please give me your recommendations for quick to deploy solutions. I have
been exploring Google Cloud Storage and it's giving a headache as it is so
complicated. I know they can provide very reliable storage but I am not
sure where to start even.

Thanks,
Bruce