[PVE-User] ZFS on shared storage?

Martin Marenz martin.marenz at itp.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Feb 25 18:03:01 CET 2014

Hi,

at the moment i am using a setup very similar to
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Intel_Modular_Server.
Which means we have a direct attached storage attached to two proxmox nodes.
I am quit happy with this situation, the live migration work like hell.

It is possible to use ZFS storage in such configuration, instead of a
shared lvm storage for the KVM guests.
And if it is possible, it is a good idea? have anybody experience with it?

In particular i am interested in this situation, because of the ability
of ZFS to detect bitrot and repair it when using

Thank you for any kind of tips.

Martin