[PVE-User] Fwd: Snapshot

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Thu Jul 10 19:55:56 CEST 2014

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 14:43:04 -0300
Gilberto Nunes <gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com> wrote:

> From the beggin, that's very clear to me... I know the difference between
> LVM Snapshots an Live Snapshots...
> Perhaps I do not mention it on my first mail...
> My doubt is if I deploy my software storage under Ubuntu or Debian or even
> in CentOS, whatever SO, if I get the same behavior like real storage...

If you install zfsonlinux on your Ubuntu or Debian server you can use
the ZFS storage plugin to store VM's on the Ubuntu or Debian server as
ZFS volumes. If you choose this path you can make live snapshots and
clones of your VM's from within Proxmox. See ->
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage:_ZFS

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
"I'd love to go out with you, but I'm converting my calendar watch from
Julian to Gregorian."